PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 rating and employment
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2004, 23:26
Kinetic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't agree with Chutneys broad based generic assumption that pertains to all 737 type rating sytems as being one and the same.

There is truth in the post that many companies methods, like Bond and Storm for instance are trying to flog ratings each and every month to a vast number of people with only a few getting picked off now and again by limited partner Airlines, in an already burgeoning market place where supply far outstrips demand.

But the Ryan, Easy and CTC schemes are difficult to get onto and are not just about churning people out into the "open market" as others are.

I have been selected for the Ryan TRSS, and there is a difference between the Ryan and Easy systems and that of others. Whilst there is an element of risk, Ryan put prosepctive candidates through the full interview and sim check and only a limited amount of people get offered a place on the TRSS at certain times to correspond to actual Right seat forecasted positions. Of course that requirement can change by the time you get to the end of your initial 6 month contract, but historically each and everyone of the 100+ who has been through their TRSS has got an employment contact at the end of the 6 months training contract.

There is an obvious financial advantage to Ryan and Easy to do this as they get you for reduced money for 6 months and don't carry the risk of rating you. But I think the Ryan and Easy schemes, if you are lucky enough to get offered, are an excellent opportunity to get that elusive first jet job