PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: SAS Flight academy/SAA Scam
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2004, 16:28
Bananaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning: SAS Flight academy/SAA Scam

It has come to my attention that SASFA is currently ”recruiting” for Ryanair. However I strongly recommend invited candidates to not attend.

After several years in this industry I’ve become acquainted with several struggling pilots and I find it disgraceful how some persons/organizations will pray on these individuals.

I still remember being in their shoes with a huge debt and no pilot job, and it really infuriates me that these fine people find themselves in the receiving end of a scam in progress.

One might say that the LCC community is dictating the “buy your own rating” requirement, and that might be acceptable if there is a RH seat waiting for you on the other end. However to interview and sim-test people just for money, when they will not be offered a place on the course is nothing less than criminal behaviour. Back to the point: SASFA/SAA is charging in the region of 1000 euros for an assessment, add travel expenses an accommodation to that and the cost is soaring. From what I’ve learned first hand, SASFA/SAA has more that enough candidates to fill several 73 courses for Ryanair, they even have a long waiting list. SASFA/SAA will keep on “testing” subjects indefinitely for money, giving out false hopes that there is a good chance of being employed at FR if you pay 25000 Euros +VAT. Probably 3 times more than the rating really costs, but I guess it beats hanging out at the unemployment office. Ryanair will have to offer a training contract for the requested number of candidates thus limiting the number of candidates SASFA can put on the rating course. But 1000 Euros for an hour in SASFA’s museum class F28 simulator is a complete rip-off.

Don’t let this happen to yourself or someone you know. Apply to CAE or GECAT instead if you want in at FR.