PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mysterious JetBlue aircraft lease rates
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2004, 04:31
DC Meatloaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After having flown as SLF on the IAD-LGB route several times, count me among the fans (fanatics?) of jetBlue. They've added extra room in 2/3 of the plane recently -- the front third of the plane is still 32" seat pitch, but the rear 2/3 is 34" -- a big difference for someone 6'4" like me. The fact that they have a non-stop to Long Beach, a personal TV so the little loaf can watch whatever he wants (Spongebob, probably) while Dad watches a live hockey game, and very friendly staff puts them way over the top, as far as I'm concerned. Also caught this interesting piece on CEO Neeleman from Inc.com: Street Smarts: Learning from JetBlue. He apparently works as cabin crew on the JFK-OAK route at least once a month. Fascinating read...

Anyway, I've got one other data point relevant to the topic, but sorry I don't have any great detail. I was chatting with one of my buddies who's on the staff of the House Transportation committtee last year and mentioned my growing affection for jetBlue. He said, "Enjoy them now because I'm not sure they'll be around in a couple of years. They've got a huge balloon payment on their aircraft leases that will come due...".