PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The PFA
Thread: The PFA
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2004, 22:19
TonyR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of what has been said about poor airmanship should certainly not be confined to PFA flyers.

Would you not agree that if someone who may be a very experienced pilot but flys locally from a farm strip and rarely visits large airports will soon loose the ability to stay sharp on the radio.

The licence revaladition system should provide for this using flights with instructors to encourage such pilots to conduct a few flights to ATC airports and around some busy airspace.

I normally fly from an international airport where everyone is used to being told what to do and where to go and most are very sharp on the radio. However such pilots when visiting a flyin or rally often expect the ATC to give onward instructions before the will make the next turn. then when they are not being "minded" by ATC they can cause just as much difficulty as those who know what to do but can't speak on the radio.

I also fly a Rallye aircraft from a farm strip so I tend to meet three types of pilots. Some who "can talk and not fly" and others who "can fly but not talk" and "some who can do both"

Inspite of all that most will find their way around the sky and most will keep out of trouble and as far as I am concerned the more who keep flying the better, PFA or other.

Tony Ringland

PS. beginning of which week will the PFA BB be back???