PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naval Pilot Selection Advice Please!
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2004, 18:26
empty pockets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had only planned to apply to the navy anyway as my local AFCO deals with all 3 services so I reckoned they would find out pretty quickly. With a weak military background, I think that showing commitment to only one service will be in my favour [i hope!]. If they knock be back I can suffer another year at my desk job whilst working on my areas of weakness.

I went down to the AFCO last week but, as I didn't have an appointment, there was noone available to talk to me. I got the preliminary application forms through this morning and will be sending them back next week. I can't see any problem in getting an interview so the ball is now rolling. Have been reading up on all things Naval and am in the process of arranging a visit to Yeovilton. No doubt I'll let you know how I progress and be asking your opinions on a few things.

P.S. For pilot selection, do they send you to Cranwell after successfully getting through the AIB, or before? Also, do you reckon its worth my while helping out at as a Sea Cadet civilian instructor?

Cheers,
Phil.