PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ty-fun
Thread: Ty-fun
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2004, 14:41
Nozzles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel inclined to egree with Britney (any chance I can 'ave yer phone number, luv?) I can't understand why so many people would jump up and down with excitement when a new aeroplane beats an old one-that's the whole point of building the new one, innit?

As for the specific engagement itself - the source is, of course, not objective. Perhaps the Geoffhoons had already been shot by the Eagles prior to reacting. Perhaps the F-15's wing rocking was the standard 'terminate engagement' signal, having already claimed their kills. Were the Foons' RWRs working? Perhaps they'd been shot ages before they visually detected the 15s. Who knows. Who cares. I've tapped these boys many times. Sometimes they turn hard, sometimes they turn a bit, sometimes they waggle you off (wing-rock) and sometimes they completely ignore you because they are busy with other training objectives at the time. Finally, the USAF have some incredibly stringent rules about maximum manoeuvering at low level- the aircraft's potential would be severely and artificially limited. So R E L A X guys, Typhoon will demonstrate its superior manouverability (along with its other strengths) in good time.