PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Aviation Problems (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2004, 10:17
Badger Badger Badger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I was the man on the grassy knowl

Hello again

With regards to the "No More Cream For European Fat Cat" that was nothing more than a play with words on my behalf, to try and spice up the Jaffa news article; it worked and lots of readers now know about Jaffa's health issues.

As for the posting by the Unregistered person, i agree with your words ...

It was my understanding also that PGS had legally handed control to Stephen Woodland in Dec 2002, and thats why he was installed as Chief Operating Officer. I believe it was his job to begin the expansion of the company to fit in with the wishes of the soon to be new owners of EAAC. So at that point i personally feel PGS was trying to help the company by relinquishing control to hopefully expedite our expansion (via new investment) so we might flourish in time for the 2003 summer programme.

I would like to stress at this juncture that PGS from Dec 2002 until recently was no longer involved with the day-to-day running nor the allocation of company assets/funds. Stephen Woodland was legally in control on behalf of the soon to be new owners.

What happened in 2003 remains slightly blurry. Rapid expansion suddenly occured with the new investment coming in, we saw new staff, new equipment, AIMS, and New Aircraft. New staff were recruited for the envisaged influx of work we would receive, to the point where the CC trainers were sometimes working 6 day weeks to cope with demand.

With the advent of AIMS new equipment (IT wise) was steadily spreading throughout the company, AIMS was essential to help the company to expand. As many now will undoubtedly scream, yes AIMS had problems, but it was deemed a requirement so we had to do the best we could to work with it.

New Aircraft, well as for the 737-300's that were mentioned i don't know 100% what happened there, yet. But we did see the inclusion of MA, MB and XO 747-200's i believe. MA & MB were from Virgin (ex Cathay Pacific) if memory serves and i am unsure of the origin of XO but i think it was ex BA. Personally i feel the major undoing of EAAC happened here! Surely newer 737's would of been more benefit to help strengthen our Short Haul potential ... And what was the point of securing XO (747-200) without engines, an aircraft whos engines are scarce to say the very least? Here's a glimpse of XO Mr Woodland's last investment.

So some of you might have axe's to grind with respect to PGS in the past, but i can tell you that from what i know he fought like hell to try and bring us back from the edge over the last 4 months. And he was succeeding but i fear too much damage had been done. As i have suggested before Stephen Woodland is the man you should be angry with, not the man who is still fighting to keep it going.

That is how i see things, and in no way is to be taken as offical; take it or leave it.