PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Fever
Thread: Concorde Fever
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2004, 16:12
JDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry HZ,

If I put a term such as 'prat' up on the web, next to my nom de plume, it is a well judged remark. BA failed to consider the short, medium, or long term preservation of Concorde. They chose to donate with interest of max publicity (fair enough) but no other criteria, which is poor at best. They mismanaged the retirement and underestimated and failed to respond to the enormous interest this generated, and in collaboration with BAA and the Met (who are excused, as they were just trying to do their job) told people to 'stay away' from Heathrow on the last day. Defines 'pratish behaviour' for me, as they turned a major PR opportunity into a PR mess. Perhaps you'd prefer 'incompetent'?

I researched and wrote an article for a national historic news website, which was pulled after it had been used for the period required (it was used, but later suppressed) and is not in their archive, as people are scared of offending these selfsame PR folk. Some democracy.

I am of course referring to the suits who don't understand their job, not the BA crews, groundcrew and workers who try to do their jobs properly.

Guess we'll have to disagree?

Cheers
JamesK