PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 Stones and wanting a PPL
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2004, 13:38
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure all instructors have seen examiners lie about there weight so they can get full fuel.

I knew the examiner wanted full fuel. So got it refueled, student then asks how heavy the examiner is. I make a quick guess at 8Okg (more like 110kg) and off the student goes.

10 mins later student walks up to both of us and announces that the plane was over weight by 5kg. Examiner annouces its ok i have just been for a dump. Go and do the checks.

Another one is short ladys with large chests. Wondered what was consricting the controls in the flare. The giggle next to me made me look to see the poor girl hooked on the yoke by her bra on the stopwatch clip.

I don't think the BMI for class 1 is 30. There are many pilots out there which are over that (me for a start) I asked my AME about it and he said it was a factor in the whole equation. Because my heart rate is 65 and I have border line low blood pressure. The fact i am a fat bastard gets ignored, the other 2 indicators means i don't get moaned at for my weight. This doesn't transfer across to smoking i might add.

I am in at the AME on monday for a class 1 so will ask him then. It might get his attention away from giving me serious looks about smoking.

MJ