PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sep02 Hamilton Is accident ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2004, 06:41
vee tail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I would like to say that yes it was a very sad thing to happen as I was not far off witnessing it myself. As I watched the flames die down and flew past the wreck it sent complete shock through my body to see a company aircraft in flames.

Gin jokey I agree with to some point that the media did do their job but the general public percieve things to the most extreme with almost anything to do with aviation which has been reported by the media. I do not know what I think about breath testing and at the end of the day i have no real say.

The general public only listen to the key words and develop this image in thier minds. eg, A/C crashes, pilot found drugs and alcohol in his system and pharmacy drugs in his system.

Maybe the guy had a few drinks the night before and at some stage used weed, the next day he has had a hang over and head ache and then taken something to fix that. Not saying by any means that that is what Andrew did ! who knows. The report also is not conclusive on whether the A/C was stalled to make it turn on wing drop or he tried to turn it back and make the field .

However I did not expect the toxicology report to to be like it was nor that from him. But I also only knew him for a short time.

Just a few thoughts. You can discuss what made him do what he did for ever but no one else was on the A/C to testify.

Safe flying to all