PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas FO's and SO's-Jetstar - cont`d
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2004, 02:20
Cronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Anyone else over this?

I am sick and tired of hearing the bleatings of the disaffected and maligned at QF who believe the industry is done for and how while you weren't looking, the IPC copped a feel of your mum's... Why don't you leave, quit, go do something else.

Do you really think it's all happy gas, ferris wheels and big bucks in the real world? Think about what kind of garbage you (people like) Pete "Mr IQ" Conrad and his emanance, Proplevered are spreading here.

I don't work for QF, never have and don't want to if it means dealing with some of the precious individuals posting comments on this site. Never the less I do have close friends working for them and Virgin, Eastern, Impulse, Rex, Skippers, Air North and ******. All very capable and intelligent people. To basically brand the Impulse guys and girls scabs and paint them as the root of all evil is just plain pathetic.

Proplever, why don't you do something affirmitive about what you obviously believe so strongly in? Whinge to AIPA, go on strike, ring A Current Affair, maybe they will champion your cause. They could follow GD in the carpark and get hidden cameras on your flight to see how hard you have it? I can see it now though you'd hide behind a shillouette and have your voice altered, because hey, it's anonomyous right!

As I understand it only 400 pilots out of the 2200? or so in QF mainline bothered to lodge a formal objection to the outsoucing of the LCC operation. I guess this was probably most of the S/O's and a few F/O's? The way I see it GD has played a polished game, he's got AIPA's hand's tied, secured a lower cost base than DJ for the LCC and comes out looking squeaky clean whilst morons like you blame Impulse pilots. It was essentially job preservation. My heart bleeds for you and your arguments about how the Impulse crews should not take the job for less remuneration. Your job is being secured by QF's ability to remain competitive.

There wouldn't be too many pilots in the country who haven't worked for below award wages etc. It's all too easy to sit back now that you're in an airline and bag everyone. Perhaps if when we earned our CPL's we were elligible to join a pilot professional body that was apolitical and protected our interests, like just about every other profession, we could stand united. AIPA has eroded it's negotiating clout by it's elitist membership criteria.

Sorry if I don't counter the inevitable backlash to my post but I do have other things to do outside the aviation creche.

Cronus, wants to eat your children....
xx