PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CitiExpress Life
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2004, 18:42
Brucey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX are really screwing their crews, I have never met a bunch of such demoralised pi$$ed off individuals.

The ATP went very very quickly with many of the crews being moved bases more than twice in as many months and in fact some having to move companies.

The chances of moving to the jet are shrinking and the new rumour is that FLYBE may well take on several of the RJ's. That has come from FLYBE not CX so I can see there being an element of truth.

A Dash course will get you into the market; get you the hours and some very good experience. but for how long who knows. Remember the last intake? Where people were CX employees for a week. ATP if I remember.
If you can get into Eastern, Loggie or southwest do, they are good outfits especially with the chance of new types (well maybe the old CX types but new to them), bases etc. At least the outlook and management strategy is going in the right direction, i.e. expansion of routes, fleets etc.

IMHO there is only one place that CX is going and that’s to the wall. How long this will take is anybody's guess.
Understand one thing if nothing else, it will be the crews at the bottom of the seniority list that go first.

Good luck to you all, I know some have been waiting for a long time for this chance and have been staying current instructing examining etc. Use you other contacts with the other airlines, you might just get an 'in' closer to home