PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the language of the skies??
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2004, 19:46
Oluf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC Watcher

Agree with you regarding standard phraseology. This would though reqiure us to also agree upon the language of the phraseology would it not?
With regards to the point of using the local language in an attemt to avoid misunderstanding, I pointed that out in previous post as being natural.
My point remains though: The environment is safer if all participants in it has full understanding of the current situation.
I think with the recent years of improvement in CRM training, where one of the biggest subjects remain communication and understanding, most pilots feel more comfortable understanding the trafic and events that suround us.
The american stand on refusing to adher to standard phraseology is yet an excample of single states thinking they are the one to call the shots, and why this issue is so difficult to deal with, if that kind of stubborness is alowed to prevail, we will indeed see accidents before we see improvements.

What the biggest language is should really be beside the point IMHO, as the goal should be to find the practical, safe and efficient solution, and then applying it.

Oluf