PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Aviation Problems (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2004, 19:12
Mad-Air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil EAC, EAAC, E7

Well as an ex-employee of European (I left last summer....), I am sad to see the compnay go the way it is going.
My understanding is the following:

Palmair to continue to op: Stands to reason really, this is Bath Travels "baby" and does very well.

747's - Well watch Pprune, but AAI or EUK will be looking for Flight Crew and Cabin Crew, well I KNOW THEY ARE so get going and apply!!!!

737's - Well Ryanair will be looking and no doubt so will the Orange Company! Again Flight and Cabin Crew get applying!

TCD - went to Excel and therefore Air Atlanta Europe, as european couldn't provide the extra capacity that Travel City wanted (possibly guilty of the own sucess?!). But considering they WERE part of the consortium to buy European, seems very strange...... Over to the Commercial department for answers on that one.

This has always been a "Fickle" industry, EAC started to get things right, but too little too late. I'll stand by anything I've posted about EAC. Lets not get too down hearted.......
But tell that to the the (ex) Chief Exec who's having a triple heart by-pass Op at the mo (and no I'm not joking, he was "booked-in" while ago!). As far as I'm concerned the guy brought into to run the company just over a year ago (The Chief Operating Officer) had NO knowledge of how an airline runs........ and probably still doesn't - at the end of the day he only knows the facts of how too run a buiness, the bottom line and all that......
Some of the senior Flight Crew management have got alot to learn (not about CRM - but that cud do for a start!), but more about how to treat people both those flying and ground crew.

AND I'LL STOP NOW!

Best of Luck to all - and don't let the situation get you down, there will be light at the end of the dark tunnel.

from an Ex Crew Controller who wasn't with the company that long......

Mad-Air