PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta A109
Thread: Agusta A109
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2004, 09:24
Yarba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Agusta 109E Performance

We are looking at getting a small VIP helicopter for inter city transport and although used normally to Bell and Sikorsky products it has been suggested we look at Agusta 109E because is fast and looks quite good. We've been offered a nice A109E with the PW206C engines, but before I go further I was wondering if any PPruners have experience of this type, because I'm not sure it will perform well enough in the heat. I think the Arrius engines are more powerful, but there is good price for a PW engined one available in Europe now. It's planned to use it to JAR type performance limits. My question is how the performance would be affected when operating at average temperature at sea level of 32 degrees C. What would Category A twin engine take off weight be at that temperature? Also what is single engine performance like? I just need to know about what would be maximum weight to fly one engine at 1000 feet at 30 degrees C at Vy at maximum continuous single engine power.
What is reliability like with this type? Naturally sales agents always come out with great answers, but I'd like to know from anyone who has real experience of the type and will give an honest answer.
Anyone can give some answers, thanks a lot.