PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dropping Parachutists?
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 21:31
winch launch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the PC-6 pilots (used for para drops) in the aeroclub where I work are all people that have been in the club for a long time and have shown an interest in paradroping because it s fun (but very exhausting). One is an airline pilote, and two of them are just PPL that had a lot of hours before starting there PC-6 TR. The para club owner told me that he doesn t want pilots that would come here just to raise there turboprop hours, and go away as soon as they get a place in an airline. He wants people that wanna do para drop because the PC-6 is one of the sexiest and wildest machine I have ever seen flying. I think it s good that this airline pilot is flying it. He is just a very nice guy that wants a lot of flying and new experiences. I know that it feels unfaire that he gets precious hours that he doesn t even need to log. But if i have the chance to be an airline pilot in the future, I seriously intend to do instruction or para drop rather than watching TV and loosing my skills in light aviation. He doesn t want to rent a PA 28 to let someone else fly his PC-6. Simply because he loves diving at 7000 ft/min, and starting base leg at 3000 ft to then land on a 800 meters field with a tail drager turbo prop.....