PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 appeal and laser surgery
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 20:30
Pilot16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
divorcingjack,

The CAA requirements state that correction must not exceed -5 dioptres for short sightedness. Im reading this just off the requirement sheet i printed of their website in front of me. So to clear things up!...there must not be 2 diptres DIFFERENCE in refractive correction between the two eyes? Is this what is meant by 'excess anisometropia'? If this is the reason why they failed you mate then I truly feel for you. Why on earth did they not put such a vital information on the website? Im sure you will find a way around.

I think i have a somewhat unbelievable situation. Today I had another (final) independant eye examination with a top eye consultant (and so the test cost me a LOT of money)...what I heard from this optometrist after the test was unbelievable. She said my right eye was 6/7.5 (which i was failed on) and told me I would have no problem passing the Initial Class 1 as my eyes are perfectly healthy too. 6/7.5 without correction.

I had kept descreet the fact that the CAA has given me a shocking 6/18+ on the right eye!!

This is shocking!! There is a staggering difference between what CAA reckons and this eye test I had today (and many others too).

The CAA perheps need real optometrists at their den