PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen & Hainan A/Ls hiring
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 14:41
Le Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this talk about my favourites.... Just whetting the appetite.

A lot of Chinese Pilots want out due to their pay being less than half that of a foreigner. Heard this before.

Organisation is not one of their better attributes but they're trying hard and there are definate signs of improvement.
Luckily in Hainan they don't fine the foreigners for heavy landings, just fire their "r"cers (After a couple of warnings)

Rollo, I've been out here on Devils Island for 28 months. And No I am not agency. Why do I look like a pimp?
But I work through a pimp.... Which makes me a....... Well at least it's a job!

Manuals are in English. When you as the foreigner are to fly.. the unfortunate FO has to carry the "Handicap's flight case" with all the English documents.

They're all trying to improve their English whilst we get tongue cramps trying to learn mandarin.

The Hainan management are always reasonable but just take of your "Sheet kicking boots" if you don't agree with them.
They want to take the company into the present century and damn well will ask your advise once they trust you.

It's never easy living in China but don't take it too serious and have heaps of patience!.... Now Where's that Valium