PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not responding
Thread: Not responding
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 13:37
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you describe can happen quite often when somebody has a worm virus or lots of spyware on their system. There are worm viruses that love to soak up your internet bandwidth and stop you from doing things - generally being a pain in the a***.

On the other note, it could be that you are overloading your processor by having too many windows open (this generally isnt an issue with a decent CPU but I dont know what you have).

I would suggest looking on your computer and trying to free up some resources - the first thing you should do is decide whether you have too much software (including small programs) installed. go to control panel and "add/remove programs" - here you will be presented with a list of all the software you have on the machine - then uninstall as much as you can (obviously this i limited and you cant remove everything). This will free up some resources. Then once you have done that - download the Internet Explorer 6 from Microsoft as it may be because you have a corrupt IE (I am presuming you have IE5).

Also I would strongly advise running the spyware and virus checks as the guys mentioned above - this could be it.

If this still fails post back on your progress (or lack of )

Best of luck

Maz