PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 09:27
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 422 Likes on 222 Posts
Can't agree more. They're all in it for their perks and pensions and little else.

One example: a certain very senior politician extolls the virtues of our modernised, read "dumbed down", educational system (Oh yes it is) while sending his own offspring to a private school.

Similarly, he tells his "subjects" that a controversial vaccination is perfectly safe for children whilst refusing to confirm or deny whether his own children have been given that same vaccination. Amazing leadership...

Let's see now.....would our Prime Minister and his cronies prefer to retire to Hackney? Or perhaps Nottingham, Sheffield, Birmingham, Newcastle or any other of the terribly depressed centres of our once fine manufacturing areas? Is he even aware they exist?

Or will it be a nice little villa in France or Italy?

Almost every week now, another new hare-brained scheme is put forward by the Ministry of Stupid Ideas. These are having a radical and harmful effect on our society.

There is one answer though. At this present time, although this government seem hell bent on destroying it, we do still live in a democracy. We all have a vote. We can and should all still use our vote, unlike last time when our government were re-elected on a vote of approximately 18%, because most of the population couldn't be bothered to get off their jacksy, go down the village hall and put a cross on a piece of paper.

I hope he takes in what has just happened in Spain.

This time, I'll vote for the Common Sense Party. All I've got to do is work out where they are....although I've got a fairly good idea.

Danny will probably pull this. We aren't supposed to talk politics any more. It's also off-thread, so my apologies to Brian Dixon. Just wanted to get it off my chest, it's been brewing for a while.