PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 appeal and laser surgery
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 07:06
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the same boat as you guys however I am awaiting my class 1 medical shortly. I have -5.50 in both eyes and am banking on a fail however, I have been advised to just go down and see what happens and that I can take the eye examination first.

Here is a question that has been burning my mind: I need to upgrade my prescription very very slightly before I go for the medical (I assume) so that I have up to date lenses etc however, call me tight if you like but I have been wearing glasses since I was 7 and dont fancy forking out another £200 on a new pair - therefore I was considering just buying a new pack of contact lenses (with an accurate up to date prescription) at around £25 and using them for the medical.

What happens here then ? I know that you can use them if you dont wear them 72 hours before the test which is fine however can I use my glasses afterwards when I eventually do get new ones ?

About 4 years ago my eyes were around the -5.00 and -5.25 dioptres mark so to me this shows only a tiny increase - do you think this will be so? I am 21 and people usually say that the eyes steady off at the age of 25?

Its a bloody nightmare this eyesight malarky - I wish it was like the FAA rules that say as long as they can be corrected then you are fine.....but we can only dream on.

Regards

Maz