PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C210 time, any ideas?
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 03:08
Ang737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mate

Firstly good luck finding that all important first job. Once you get over that milestone its easier from there. Your in a catch 22 here, you need the hours to get a job but how do you get them? True paying for it is way too expensive and not necessary.

Paying for ICUS doesn't account for much as I dare say the owner has a requirement for command hours. If you get offered free ICUS then sure go for it. In the interim I would look at a few parachute mobs that operate C206 or even C182 and get some good heavy cessna time there. Its also the most enjoyable flying you will do if its a safe operator. Takeoffs and Landings, and engine management will definately be improved as will saying no to dodgy operators.

Go to Australian Parachute Federation and check out the DZ in your area. Do the rounds and be prepared to hang around for a while.

As for the 20 hour requirement I have never heard of that one. I have only heard of operators requiring 500 hrs total which again is crap in some regards if the person is a good handler and has a good business and cutomer service acumen then they should be given the chance to prove it. Most operators can get around the insurance requirements if they wish... They just dont wish.

Anyway all the best mate and don't give up

Ang