PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - yet another questioin about FAA to JAA conversion
Old 16th Mar 2004, 00:48
ArcherII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, a flight test every year? So if you hold ME CPL/IR you gotta take 3 flight tests a year!?@#!

jeez! That's insane

also the other thing I never really understood is the ability to fly N registred with FAA licences...

in Europe, from my understanding, a whole lot of things are done differently, and there is no way an FAA rated pilot, even if he has 10,000 hours in the US, can possible be safe while flying in Europe without at least some basic training...

airspaces, communications, procedures, weather reports and forecasts...a ton of things are different...I don't see how you could say that just because you fly some N-reg aircraft you are good to go to fly in Europe.

So that means that as long as I fly an N-registered aircraft, I could go fly as much as I want, whever I want...that seems just wrong.

So a pilot doesn't hav eto do dozens of hours of flight training, hundreds of hours of ground training/study, and take dozens of ground exams and many flight exams IF he flies an N-registered aircraft, which is different from a European aircraft only in the one letter in front of the registration numbers, is all good to go?