PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie pilot shot dead in PNG
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2004, 15:10
Ivan Urge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is aweful indeed to read about the brutal and senseless killing of a gentleman who by all accounts was a family man, a community man and above all, a well liked and respected individual. My sincere condolences go out to his family.

I didn't know Allan, as I suspect he arrived after I had left, having myself spent 27 years in PNG. However, I feel as if I may well have been his friend, having worked in the same industry, and company, and I am sure we would have shared similar thoughts and experiences. It takes a special type of person to do that job in PNG and to have his life wrested from him is unconscionable.

Allen RIP. People will remember you

Friends of mine over the years have had their wife raped in front of them; held hostage and bound to a chair in their own house with their car stolen loaded and then stolen with personal items ,only to daringly return hours later to reload the stolen car with more booty; had a pistol shoved up their mouth to relieve them of the days takings of a business; had to defend themselves and suffer horrific injuries against bushknife wielding thugs (raskal is too kind a word) in the Phoenix Bar and the Dero. My step-father, a former teacher, told me of the case of a primary student of his who was raped along with her mother at gunpoint in front of their father/husband.

Mr Downer are you listening??????????????