PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie pilot shot dead in PNG
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2004, 14:28
Taildragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

This has alarming similarities to the Fatal shooting of an Air Niugini pilot some time ago, when he was murdered in his car in which his wife and kids were travelling. Also an Air Niugini Pilot was medevaced to Cairns after a "Rascal" chopped of a couple of fingers whilst stealing his Nav Bag while he was walking from the tower to the crew room. It could be anybody.......It happened to me. I had an axe embedded in my back simply because the guy who was robbing the aero club along with four others, was QUOTE "Cranky" UNQUOTE after he jumped up on to the bar counter, and ran into a ceiling fan.
Chuck is absolutely correct... this country is totally out of control.
These "Rascals" (I used to think that meant a very naughty little boy till I met them in Port Moresby) take their lead from the most corrupt bunch of slimy politicians ever to walk the earth, and simply rob and steal whoever they can take it from.
The vasy majority of PNG Citizens are honest, God fearing folk who despair of the situation every bit as much as the expats who are leaving, or like Chuck and I, who have left, but they can't do anything. The support of the Police Force isn't there, and they have simply given up. They have no resources, are badly led, and have no incentive.
I am certain Winstun will think that we are being nasty to the Rascals. Beleive me Mate, I couldn't get nasty enough.
I reiterate what Chuck said...get out whilst you are still alive.