PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor Renewals with instrument restriction removed ?
Old 15th Mar 2004, 10:12
noblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle - Thanks.

I've had my FI (old QFI) rating for over 12 years now, so much has changed with the system under JAR is hard to keep track with requirements for renewals/revalidations. I instruct part time for pleasure and to give something back to aviation.

Such things as am I legal to sign someone off for complex types becomes a minefield of trudging through AIC's to find the most up to date answer. The CAA/JAR need to be much more proactive in the way in which they promulgate information to instructors.

Considering they spend a lot of money posting GASIL (excellent publication) it wouldn't take a lot of extra effort to enclose updates to the licencing system with that (instead of condesending letters telling FI's to brief students more, as they did recently).

I have the choice to do either a seminar or test this time, for me its easier to drive 3 miles to my local airfield and fly with the FIE based there in my public cat group aeroplane for £50/hr and pay him £200. Rather than spend 2 days away at a seminar.

The last seminar I attended nearly 3 years ago had a very mixed bag of content although I have heard they have moved on a lot the last few years.