PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zim Hiring
Thread: Zim Hiring
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2004, 08:30
Jacobest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Local is not always "lekker" (nice)

Am lost! l thought most airlines in any country usually give first preference to locals
In South Africa things have changed a lot since 1994. A new South African constitution was written stating that no one in this country will be discriminated against based on their race, sex or religion. Yet in the same time the new government also added Affirmative Action, something normally implemented to favour a minority in a country.

Affirmative Action was implemented to equalize the imbalance caused by apartheid in the old SA. Therefore, Affirmative Action has been introduced in SA to favour the majority and not minority.

WHAT IN THE HELL has this got to do with this forum you may ask?

Well let me tell you. SAA (SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS) is supposed to fill a certain quota of black pilots in its company. Yet, they cannot find enough qualified pilots in SA to fill that quota. So they now hire foreign pilots from countries like ZIMBO, ZAMBIA, KENYA ect.......
And if you think I am talking out my nostrils, contact M-net and ask them for a copy of the Carte Blanche program which focussed on exactly this issue.

Yet you have around 500 SA white pilots who are more than qualified to do the job who are not being considered because of their colour.

So, you have a country with a constitution which says you cannot discriminate but at the same time apply affirmative action?
A country that opposes terrorrism openly, yet have no stance on Robert Mugabe?

And you say you are LOST!
"VIVA AFRICA VIVA" "VIVA DEMOCRACY" "VIVA ONE SETTLER ONE BULLET"