PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with Win XP re-install and lost files
Old 14th Mar 2004, 23:39
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just tried that and same result. The error message still says Access Denied. The info tab says that the file contains no sub-files, but some of my links have the original file in the title, and that screws the access. I had set up two Administrator Usernames, the ones I cannot delete or use again, and was able to delete just a "games" username that wasn't allowed to connect to the net (broadband via cable so crashed Game Play) and had limited privlidges. My current "Documents and Files" on the 'C'-drive has a list of 10 different Usernames, but only 3 are in use, and the name file-links are getting quite obscure, I just want to delete the ones not used anymore and get a normal file name.

To describe best, if I was called John Smith, and the other user Jane Smith, we started with John and Jane as our Username links. First re-load then gave us JohnSmith~1 and JaneSmith~1 with John and Jane still listed, and the final re-load has added JohnSmiths~1 and JaneSmiths~1. I was and still am John, so why can I not use this account again??