PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firewall an NG - what do you get
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 18:06
LOKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Source Documents

The only source documents that I've been able to locate on the subject of what do you get when you firewall the NG is from Ops Man Vol II - Engine sec covering the EEC:

The full rated takeoff thrust for the installed engine is available at a thrust lever position less than the forward stop. Fixed or assumed temperature derated takeoff thrust ratings are set at thrust lever positions less than full rated takeoff. If the thrust lever is advanced to the forward stop, the EEC limits thrust to the maximum thrust rating offered for the airplane model.

The standard reserve thrust rating available at the forward stop varies according to fleet configuration as follows:

• CFM56-7B24 rating

Unfortunately this can be read 2 ways. The - normally very reliable guys I'm talking to - say that the first part claiming that you get "maximum thrust rating offered for the airplane model" means that you would get 27 K no matter what engine you paid for. The following lines specifying a destinct engine seems to contradict that - Clear as mud.

Does anyone have any other source document type proof - I've got a bottle of wine riding on this so clearly the proof has to be in the region of a Capital 1 Murder case.

LK