PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline scutter or Instructor?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 17:36
retro cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Airline scutter or Instructor?

Hello all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment with regards to a job; aren't we all! I recently had an interview with BACitiexpress for a Navigation Service Officer position, and although I haven't been offered the job (yet!) I can't decide if I should take it if I do get offered it. I'm not sure what the best route to the airlines is, should I go instructing and get the hours in, or should I go and work as a random employee for an airline and hope they notice me eventually?
This latter route would mean no hours clocking up, thus if this is the wrong route all those behind me are now suddenly ahead, not what I want particularly. There were 25 other pilots biding for the position (scary) and I'm not certain that this would be the best position since the manager told me that the fleet was downsizing or just staying the same at best. Although he did say that if I worked hard he would recommend me for any positions (in a year or 2) if there were any to be had.
If anyone can help me on this one with some grand wisdom I would be most grateful.

Cheers