PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John 'Jeff' Hawke - Adventurer
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 17:32
Aerohack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<<The problem with a bio of Jeff Hawke (or Doug Arnold and a few others for that matter) is quite a lot of 'fact' is annecdotal - and some will be disputed by family members - in certain families into court.>>

Dead people can't sue for libel, James, and neither can their families on their behalf. Mind you, I was once on the receiving end of a threat of a libel suit from Doug Arnold when he was very much alive. Rather that than having him set his junkyard dogs on me, I suppose.

As regards Don Bullock, I rode jump seat in 'Sally B' with him at a Yeovilton Air Day once — Keith Sissons in the right seat — and during one of his ultra-low passes I could see very little difference, deck angle apart, from the visual cues when we had been parked. "How low were we on that last pass, Don?," I asked when we'd landed. "Oh, bags of room, at least two feet between the prop blades and the runway." Pointless, really as SSD says, because only the few rows of spectators nearest the front could even see the thing.