PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR @ Tayflite Vs Multiflight
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 09:25
The All Seeing I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually just browse the prune as i have never seen anything that i feel that i have the knowledge or indeed the apparent high level of literacy to respond to a thread.

Tonight that changed. Not only was i appalled by Mr Horris's appalling use of our native tongue, but indeed the attitude and to be brutally honest, ill-founded derogatory comments about Leeds Flying School.

I Have been in and out of the school for little over a year now.
Subsequently i have been able to construct what i feel to be an accuarate picture of the school and it's work ethos.

As Statler qute rightly states, a pass rate is relatively insignificant, as to the quality of an FTO

A primary theme throughout this thread appears to be that everyone's first impressions of LFS seems to be that the staff are friendly and professional.

Which brings me swiftly on to my main thrust. Attitude. we could all sit at our PC's and bitch about FTO's until the Freisians decide for a homeward journey. This to me seems to be inrcedibly non constructive. In the short time i have been involved in and around this industry the main thing i have noticed is that everyone involved appears to have a knife in their hand and a stab wound on their back.

I Know of several flying schools up and down the country who seem to buy aircraft in order to keep maintenance organisations in business. Its all a question of Balance. People seem to want a zero hour aircraft with no snags and still pay an infitesimal hourly rate. You pay your money and take your choice.

I Can understand Mr Horris' point regarding the serviceability of aircraft ("Thats Aviation") However, to post on this forum that the best reason for not choosing an FTO is simply because you do not gel with the CFI is ludricous. Although not quite as ridiculous as aerobatics in the overhead of a GA airfield. Being a member at sherburn i'm sure you'll agree

Might i suggest that a more constructed argument without typographical or grammatical errors would be more well placed here. Sorry to be so pedantic, but if you cannot construct a decent sentence and spell it correctly how do you propose dealing with an instrument rating.

Best Regards

T.A.S.I

Last edited by The All Seeing I; 14th Mar 2004 at 10:45.