PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCAS - Easy 4DD France, today
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 06:23
livingdead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for info:-

In the ensuing exchange between ATC and the aircraft, they stated that they had manoeuveured BECAUSE they were IMC and had not acquired visual contact.

Further, I'm first to admit that I'm not perfect and make many a mistake and I dont have perfect recall of every technical item I have evr studied, so my real "beef" was not the fact that a manoeveur had taken place but the quite appalling way in which he tried to browbeat the French ATCO, who couldnt understand and was seeking an explanation as to whether it was normal to take avoiding action for a TA, and was trying to explain that 5nm separation had been maintained etc.

I wouldnt dare to have posted here on the subject had I not heard the comments from others who witnessed the exchange, who clearly endorsed my feelings!

Of course all this was taking up valuable RT time; if he was unhappy he should have simply stated that he was filing a report and not argued the toss on the RT

MY TCAS manual says
"Manoeuvere soley on receipt of a TA is not permitted"
MY Flight Manual says
"Manoeuveres should not be made on the basis of the traffic display alone; this display is provided solely to aid visual acquisition of intruders"

Last edited by livingdead; 14th Mar 2004 at 06:34.