PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET 2 expansion
Thread: JET 2 expansion
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 03:22
KAT TOO

WHERE TO PARK?

I understand that the A319 is coming to Leeds at the end of May and that there will be at least three Fokker 100 + 2 ERJ145/135 AFTER the A319 turns up.

The Fokkers will be doing EDI from Leeds & the 1st CDG rotation.

As for JET2`s good start, well for the good folk of Yorkshire it sure beats the hell out of driving to Manchester any day of the week. In the long term the people at Channex are money men and if it is down to a choice of selling it on for £££££££££££££ or pouring millions in to grow it and watch the yield fall, well time will tell. In the mean time they are doing a great job of putting Leeds on the avaition map, who knows the likes of bmi/baby Easy might think its worth having a closer look at Leeds.

Having travelled with both baby & Jet2 i don't think there is much to choose unless you like leather seats (jet2) both run733 staff are OK and prices are about the same. Living between Leeds & Nottingham East Midlands Airport! it comes down to routes and the hassel of crossing Leeds against the ease of parking/checking in at Leeds, the tent looks bloody daft, but it ain't finished yet so i'll wait and see.

I think there could be some right bottle necks both in the terminal and airside at LBA this summer but they'll get sorted `i hope`