PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 02:44
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBE There is no news on the Sydney route at the moment. The projected start date remains at the start of the winter schedule - October 04. As far as I know, the only remaining hurdle is EU approval, which will presumably include approval of CX operating LHR-JFK.

go_edw As I understand it, interviewing is still going on. The company has publicly stated a need for 70 new pilots this year, and I'm pretty sure that we haven't selected that many yet. The hold pool was intended to allow training to start as soon as expansion plans were known. While there are still imponderables, which might limit the rate of uptake of new pilots (see above), I imagine that the hold pool will gradually be emptied. I will see if I can find out more next time I'm in UK.

Holer Moler Sorry - missed your post. The usual deal is that Janine will try and ring you to arrange an interview. I imagine that if you're not available on the phone for whatever reason, she'll try e-mail and snail mail. Depends how much notice she has of an interview slot, I'd guess. Same goes for notification post-interview, though an offer of employment must (I think) be in writing. Um, forgive me, but I would have thought this is pretty obvious?