PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me!
Thread: Is it just me!
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 01:06
The Yank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Is it just me!

I think this is a first even for me. Now I know that I have hit absolute bottom.

Thursday morning get a call from a Company asking if I would be interested in flying there Aircraft (single crew) for them. It was a job that I had applied for over the Internet from some site or another (lost track)… Funny, but for once I was more than qualified for the position. After the guy finished describing the job to me (including having to get a skippers license to drive the bosses boat) the guy over the phone asked when I was available for an interview (almost urgently). I responded in the most appropriate manner… “As soon as you would like sir… “ I was given the response aaahhhh…… don’t know but I will get back to you latter in the day.

GREAT finally something ! It wasn’t a step up in aircraft that I currently fly, but it entailed a very big pay increase, AND A SALARY!!!!

Now here is the fun bit.

Latter that day I called the company back to find out if a decision had been made on the date of the interview. Only to be told THE JOB HAS BEEN FILLED!!!!

Now most must understand that with a name like The Yank I am American but 90% of my flying has been in the EU and I have lived here close to 7 years.

So now I have 2 questions.
1) Was it my accent that put them off?
2) Which one of you got the Job?

When you can’t even get o job flying a single piston with 2700 total time there is no hope!