PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET 2 expansion
Thread: JET 2 expansion
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2004, 22:33
Flightrider

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
My God. Flying all six aircraft at once! However could that be contemplated? The end of the world is nigh:

"ops have made a big booboo"

"we can expect there to be lots of delays"

I don't see hell and damnation occurring at Ryanair or easyJet because they're flying seventy odd of the things with seven or eight at each base (just like Jet2) and no dedicated standby.

Fine, we might be having a debate about how many aircraft exactly are going to fly (and I happen think you're right, it's six) but, nibor, I think you're being rather gratuitously scathing about the capabilities of the Engineering and Ops teams if you think the operation will drop to bits if all six fly at any one time!!

The sixth is not exactly heavily utilised (basically a daily MJV rotation) and it might well be the case that if they secure the slots to use that aircraft fully, thus taking out ALL of their remaining standby cover, they would then see fit to add a seventh to restore a modicum of cover to the programme?

And PS, did you mean Paris CDG? Slots look to be coming together quite well for a July launch.