PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET 2 expansion
Thread: JET 2 expansion
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2004, 09:25
BombardierCR7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ILS 119.5, I agree on your first point, all, as usual is speculation at LBA, both BMI and jet2, the BMI 319 has been in and out of the system this week more times than I care (also MME) completely the point I was making to the B/Controller person. Nothing is certain! I personally don't believe anything from BMI at the moment as I think they don't! The next Jet2 expansion is subject to slots a certain airports, which I will not mention, so again is only speculation at the moment.

The parking problem is only relative. It only applies between 10pm and 6am, Leeds on many occasions in the last 15 years have parked aircraft off stand either on 27/09 or with wingtip marshalling on the apron off marked stands. This concept is nothing new, and for a temporary period untill the airport decide what to do for the best, what is the big deal!. Slapping concrete down costs money, so when you spend the money, put it in the right place, who said between the apron and 27/09 is the best place? Let the airport, in their usual slow reactive manner, decide, but in the meantime they will find somewhere, they always have before!