PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi mass exodus
Thread: bmi mass exodus
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2004, 06:29
shafted@work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chalky,

sorry, you are absolutely right, they are thinking 8 months in advance, i was so wrong.

are you really suggesting that they are starting the new routes to safeguard jobs?? it would be cheaper to pay the pilots to sit at home.

As to how many aircraft and where they should go:

transatlantic longhaul from LHR forms only a small proportion of the successful longhaul routes operated by other airlines. I am aware that red tape hinders bmi painfully, but at a time where longhaul premium traffic is returning would it not be a good long term strategy to introduce our excellent service to the LHR market?? this would of course involve them aquiring more aircraft.

As for "accentuating the positive":

Our passenger base from manchester won't thank us in the long term for promising a service and then taking it away from them in just 6 months.

And finally response to the personal hit:

I want to work for bmi still. But it seems a bit risky to stay where there appears to be no direction and no communication. I can think of nothing better than to work for a "world class" airline with my current collegues. I have been with this company for a while and until now have not looked elsewhere. I have fellow captains with 14 years win the company who are also looking at jobs they never expected to.

Perhaps you could give me your idea of where the company will be in 5 years to help me make my decision????