PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some questions for airline pilots
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2004, 00:41
poobaboon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Some questions for airline pilots

Hi all
I have quite a few videos and dvds filmed on the flight deck from take off to landing with the captain explaining what everything does etc but I have a few questions remaining:

How do you decide who does what flight and how many days a week do you fly?

Do you always work with the same Capt/FO and cabin crew? Or do you find out your full crew on the day?

How long before the flight is scheduled to take off do you arrive at the airport?

Is this time mainly spent in a crew room deep down below the terminal building planning your flight?

What are the maximum hours you can work for?

Do these start from planning the flight or from take off?

If you are on a short haul flight and you get delayed for some reason at the other end, does this time count to the hours you work? If you go over these, how many hours is it until you can legally fly again?

And if you are on long haul flights, do you swap crew at the destination and you stay over and swap with the next crew in a few days?

I know these probably aren't the kind of questions you hear from visitors but from the books I have read and videos I have watched they don't tend to answer these kind of questions and this seems like the most appropriate method of finding out.

Also, have any of you ever starred in one of these videos?

Thank you for your time

Daniel

Last edited by poobaboon; 13th Mar 2004 at 03:36.