PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New move for Jestar pilots
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 22:25
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Geez 410, you're the second person that's taken a shot at me and then gone on to make an identical point to the one that I've been making for about the last five months!

Foir the avoidance of doubt, I DO want AIPA and Aussie pilots to learn from the events of '89. I DO want to present a unified, robust adn determined front to a management that would reduce us to nothing. I DO want to ensure that we're well informed and unblinkered.

That said, I am sick of people telling me what morons AIPA were back in '89. That may or may not have been the case however I'm not going to waste time beating myself up over decisions that I wasn't a part of or had no influence on. The ONLY time I want to be spending on '89 is to learn from it. Amos and Spad go on and on and on all the time about how AIPA should have done things differently in '89. Well, it's water a decade and a half under the bridge now. About 1100 current Qantas pilots out of the 2300 in weren't in Qantas (or Australian) at the time of the dispute. We won't forget the lessons of the dispute but we won't be wringing our hands and saying 'if only we had done things differently over the last 2-20 years then things would now be OK! THAT is the point I make to Spad and Amos (and now you).

I've been pretty vocal on PPRUNE about the direction that I think AIPA should be taken and so far my feeling is that our Pres at least is working in that direction (although I'm not sure about various members of the COM (and rank and file as well) who are undermining him). Fire away if you will. Call me blinkered if you like but I'll say again that the ONLY way to stop the rot is with a united, robust, resolute bunch of pilots backing up their association!

Is that clear enough yet?