PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New move for Jestar pilots
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 20:18
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Grow up Spad, Amos!

Spad, amos, thanks once again (and again, and again) for the history lesson. I'm sorry that I was just 18 years old at the time and couldn't do more about it than keep learning to fly. You've made the point now, you've made it before. I don't care whether or not what AIPA did back then was right or not, I'm just concerned that whether or not we have learned all we can from '89 and we can now get on with the real job of dealing with the future- rather than being stuck a decade and a half in the past. You really need to get off the high horse and let go! Just goes to show that post traumatic stress disorder isn't just for combat operators. Also applies to people who can't learn the lessons and then learn to move on to ensure that they're not repeated!

As for the fence amos, which would that be. You agree with Spad and yet conveniently miss the point that it is the EXACT stand that I'm advocating and have been advocating for a good while now. A united, focussed, determined and resolute pilots association that represents all pilots from all segments of the Qantas group. Once that is done, it'd be nice to go with ALL pilots from ALL airlines! It ain't impossible either but it sure as heck isn't going to happen with if we continue to focus on 'woe is us, we should have joined the AFAP in the '89 dispute!'

So, maybe I'm having a slow night but I'm not sure which fence it is that you're referring to!?! Perhaps your desire to once again attempt to sink the boot into QF drivers in retribution for leaving you guys to your own devices in '89 is causing you to not actually read posts correctly or put them into the correct context. Believe me, I KNOW which side of the fence I'm on. I've never sat on the fence before on any issue and so I'm not going to start now!

(Edited for spelling and to try and ensure that people like 410 (see the next post) get the message correctly first time around!)

Last edited by Keg; 12th Mar 2004 at 22:29.