PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Mass Exodus
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 16:34
Amazon man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthony Carn/411A,

As a Captain with what used to be the British flag carrier, I find your attitude towards cabin crew at the best appalling and at the worst offensive.

There is an almighty difference between trained experienced cabin crew and somebody hired off the street. A well trained experienced cabin crew member is an absolute necessity particularly in todays flying enviroment and to suggest they are just ten a penny is particularly disingenuous.

A large number of cabin crew are very well educated and have higher qualifications and degrees than many of the pilots I fly with including myself.

I thought this attitude towards cabin crew disappeared with the ark, obviously some pilots still belong on the ark perhaps towards the bottom with some of the lower forms of life.

Any First Officer or Captain displaying this type of attitude on any aircraft I fly will get short shrift. Just remember now with the locked door policy employed on most airlines, who has become the first line of defence against any sick individual who thinks his cause justifys bringing down an aircraft and occupants.

411A if indeed you do fly for a living and with the amount of time you spend on Pprune I seriously doubt it, with your sort of attitude you really shouldn't be flying aircraft for a living maybe stacking shelves in a supermarket is more your cup of tea. It just goes to prove no matter what sort of screening process airlines put in place to select applicants no system is infallible.