PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Meeting
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 15:52
skyslave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen, ladies. I have been following this thread for a long time as I am coming out to Dubai soon. It was my choice to leave a good command in Europe and come out as an F/O, so what I get into is my choice. Many people around the world have different views about how flying is or should be, and what is proper. 411A is one of those guys who comes from the States and his knowledge and understanding of the Middle East and the International Aviation, is probably on the same level as their President's understanding of the issues in the ME. I am sure his attention span is probably on par there as well. When I look at a man who claims to have flown for the biggest and the best during the good old days and is bitter and twisted in his views I see a fustrated guy, a little man with no character and definetely no professionalism. I am sure he never achieved his goals, he never encouraged others and rather than being able to provide the new generation of pilots with wisdom and chalanges he sits on his chair and says "The good old days are gone". I say the good days are here and what we make of them. It is up to all of us to make them as good or as bad as we like, and not 411A or Emirates management can take that away from us.
Management these days see only numers in the small picture, it is up to us to show them the big picture. We are the privileged ones to have the view from up high and not in the office, so we need to tell them the truth as it is and not as they see it