PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Cuts at Servisair over Lost Ryanair Contract
Old 22nd Jan 2002, 17:06
Fast Jet Wannabe

Lightbulb

As much as I feel for the individuals affected by the latest Ryanair saga - I can see where this has come from.

I often take FR flights from STN, and it has to be said that I have never seen a servisair employee that understood the phrase "customer care".

Every time I board an FR aircraft at STN the servisair representatives arrive at the gate, on or about 5 minutes before the scheduled departure time. (When this happens passengers become distressed, certain that they are at the wrong gate). Frequently there will only be one gate agent, more often than not that gate agent is rude and unfriendly, and gives no information whatsoever about why the aircraft is late... again...

On the other hand, I also use Go quite often from STN, and the groundstar agents are always at the gate before the passengers are, are usually bright and friendly, and give a far more professional appearence. (Is it a coincidence that Go allow their groundstar reps to wear Go uniforms, whereas FR don't allow their servisair reps to wear FR uniforms!)

Now that Ryanair have got rid of a very bad public face of their company, all they need to do is start allocating seat numbers at check-in, and hey presto, boarding an FR flight will be as easy as boarding a Go flight!