PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solo flight attendants
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 10:30
skyways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi littlemissmel,

flying solo and multi-crew both have their pros and cons, i flew solo on for nearly two years, now i'm flying multi-crew

as ct said, being solo is great, you can basically run the cabin as you want (within the rules of course!) and i found you could build up a real rapport with your pax after a while, especially with charter work. we had no tapes in any of our aircraft, so all of the PA's were done from memory or you could read them from the card. on the downside, it could get a little lonely occasionally, but i've since learnt you can draw someone on your roster you might not especially like flying with!!
you'll find that the experience of flying solo will also set you up with skills and confidence you can carry with you both in flying and in life, i know its certainly made me a more confident person in both! and as much as i love flying multi-crew now, i often really miss flying solo!

feel free to pm me if you like, but i think ct and kjay have covered it better than me! hope you haven't forgotten your first Dash YCN training flight yet kjay!!

cheers