PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue's lost the plot
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 09:17
DanAir1-11

Location: Amidst the dust and the flies, somewhere in Western Australia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Age/Maturity in years and experience go hand in hand, and in the current climate of economic rationalisation and the ever increasing requirement to keep expenditure to an absolute minimum, many organizations are indeed recruiting persons whom are of 'advanced' experience, usually meaning that they are also of advanced years. What this does, is effectively provide self starters thus reducing training costs that may be associated with 'freshmen'.

I am now well into my later years, and as with hotdog, having retired from the Left hand seat of jet transports with many many hours under the belt. I am still flying for a living however and am still in good condition, I can still load my own cargo too! don't worry about 'us old fellas losing the stamina!

Captain_josh18, I would have to agree with hotdog, having been involved in this industry for almost 50years, recruitment really do look for a good command of written and spoken English and indeed attitude. I will not draw any conclusions on your attitude based on this thread, but would have to agree that the grammar
would appear to be in need of a scrub-up. Don't take it personally, choose to take it constructively from an old fart whom has been around a while.