PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi mass exodus
Thread: bmi mass exodus
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2004, 17:16
keepitlit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow
Son wait till I tell you something,
Statements like this one below will not make you friends in aviation never mind bmi,

"If management doesn’t make its mind up about the
ps there are about 1000 unemployed frozen ATPLs (not all of whom are muppets) who would kill to get on the ladder with a FO job at BMI - and would be very happy just to have a job and would not expect to be paid much (I am one)"

I admire your keenness but remember that you are looking from the outside in and the image/dream of how working for bmi is of rosy pictures.
Its not a true reflection of reality so I surest you speak to some people who have the daily slog of driving in to LHR to a car park(after the M25 car park)to wait on a bus to get to the crew room then start work to go and do something like a TFS and back(report and finish times coincide with rush hour, hmmm nice),
I think you might find your painting would get a bit tarnished.

As for your comment about being paid much less to do the job, these types of comments are very destructive to the professional stance of pilots, remember how much you paid for your training, 2 sim rides a year 1 medical every year and looking forward to 2 after 40.
If you think we get paid to much I suggest you conceder this
A London tube driver is on the same if not more than an FO and they didn’t pay for there training.

Remember that its a tough time for pilots at the min but I think there’s not much more meat they can strip from the bone so things should be looking up over the next year and hopefully things get will get better and more jobs opportunities will come up and then you can dazzle the aviation community with your keenness and talent.

Rgds K.I.L.

P.S. I enjoy the flying but its all the s**t that comes with it I hate

Good hunting