PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue's lost the plot
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2004, 10:42
captain_josh18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgins lost the plot

I went to a Virgin Blue open day a few fridays ago and was horrified to what i saw there!

So many people went and yet and 85% of the people were over the age of 35.! And the way virgin goes about its recruitment is really, quite stupid! Play cards and build the highest tower, make a rabbi out of shapes, whatdo u do if your truck breaks down?

Uh hello.... Yes fair enough that we had to work as a team and show that we have the required skills, but hey, cant they do what Jetstar did and show indivdual work as well? I mean Jetstar really, you got to show yourself there who you are and what you can do. At least i had the opportunity to Advance with Jetstar and i passed the developement day and was accepted for a further interview for the customer service agent position. I have to wait aother weeks to see if igot the job cause of security and stuff, which is good.

Also the funny thing i dont get, the people who were called back to the second interview stage were all old guys, no offence guys you were all wicked, but hey, do you honeslty think that you can keep the job of Ramp, lifting heavy bags etc for nearly 10 years to come?

Anyone else got any opinions id really like to hear from you! I would like to see your opinions. And yeah anyone with information on Jetstar who made it, it would be wickd to chat.

Take care, Josh