PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Neil Duncan Robertson v. Her Majesty's Advocate
Old 10th Mar 2004, 19:39
witchdoctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope that more people are able to read this report and to take lessons from it. As wonderful a tool as the internet is, it is also a Godsend to the sick and twisted as it can easily be used to identify and trap the naive and desperate who turn to it as a last resort.

On these forums alone there are many desperate and naive wannabees who come here for advice and guidance, and I'm sure there are fantasists lurking in the shadows who would be more than happy to offer their own particular brand of 'professional assistance'. I can only hope that given the superb job Danny and the team appear to have done in playing their part in this case, there is now a wealth of experience and awareness within these forums to prevent a repeat.

My wife has spent her entire working life within Social Services, and unfortunately during that time has had some involvement in cases such as this. Disgusting and abhorent as his actions may be, sadly there are many even more nauseating cases than this which occur with frightening regularity. Like many such criminals, only the actions for which they have finally been caught come to light. It doesn't require a great leap of imagination to consider just how many more offences individuals such as this commit over an extended period of time, nor how many equally sick associates they have made. I truly wish it were possible to identify each and every one of them and allow the genaral public to do with them what they will.

Children have the most remarkable ability to recover from the most horrific traumas, whether physical or mental, and I'm sure I am not alone in hoping that this will be the case for the little girl concerned, and for the other poor kids that have undoubtedly been subject to this evil paedophile in the past. To an adult it may seem that this could never happen, but I know that it can and does, and such children go on to lead successful and happy lives, and to be loving partners and parents.